The world of mobile has changed the way people communicate, do business and access information. In the digital world today, mobile tech has opened new avenues for every organization. When it comes to android apps, android app development is one of the most preferred options by big corporations worldwide.
Among the mobile devices today, android devices are the most popular and the most use by over half of the population in the world. Finding app developers for the Android OS is easy, with the popularity of the platform. The platform provides numerous benefits, such as frequent and regular updates in OS and UI, user-friendly features, flexibility and most of all, affordable cost of devices that caters to all kinds of consumers.
Customized android applications are scalable and powerful for any device. With thousands of new applications created regularly, some are simply those that Android fans and users should not miss.
Android Apps News Not to Miss This Week
- Beme lost its founding members. Matt Hackett and Casey Neistat no longer are part of the project. This gives creators a chance at a fresh start. The staff from Beme get to stay with CNN should they want to.
- App Annie released one of the semi-annual app store reports. The reports indicate many of the same stuff. Google Play had hugely more downloads compared to the App
Store of Apple. Nevertheless, the App Store acquired nearly twice as much revenue. Most of the non-gaming revenue of Google Play was productivity subscriptions, especially for cloud storage. Otherwise, it is mostly the same as it was the other year.
- Now, YouTube has 300,000 subscribers. This is still pretty far away from the competition. Still, it indicates fairly significant growth. YouTube TV is not that old and is growing fast. Sling TV continues to reign with two million while DirectTV Now trails behind with one million.
- Nintendo announced the end of Miitomo. The weird half-social, half-game title of the company had a fast start but rapidly became a foot note. The application removed all in app purchases in preparation. There’s one final event for players prior to shut down. Otherwise, the game will continue until shutdown. Nintendo plans to shut doors on May 9, 2018.
- Google took another shot at Amazon this week. This time YouTube removed from Silk Browser its optimized version. This means that those with Fire TVs have to do it in the old fashioned way, with normal desktop User Interface. It’s hard to use with a remote. The feud goes on and likely would be or a while.
Five Most Popular Android Apps Today
- Launcher App; Nova Launcher: One of the best Android launchers that’s been on the Play Store for many years now. It is lightweight and smooth, with tons of customization. Several icon packs are available in the Play Store to alter its looks.
- Keyboard App; Swiftkey: The app is trusted by more than 250 million users all over the world. It uses artificial intelligence, which allows it to learn and could satisfactorily predict what a user intends to type.
- Video Calling App; Google Duo: It is one of the best video calling applications for Android that has a simple interface. It is quite easy to log in and verify the number, and could make fast video calls, the same as making a standard phone call. The unique Knock Knock feature enables one to have a live preview of the caller before receiving a call. It’s available for both iOS and Android users.
- Assistant App; Google Assistant: It’s an artificial personal assistant by Google, which enables users to navigate, to communicate and get plenty of things done. It could be used on Android or iOS devices to trigger applications, ask questions, make plans, and play games and more.
- Note Taking App; Evernote: It’s a cross-platform utility to take notes in various formats, including photos, text, video, audio, sketches and more. It’s one tool that one needs to keep organized in today’s’ busy life. The app syncs across all devices to facilitate workflow. Also, it has home-screen widgets for fast access to notes.