Snapchat is a free-to-use instant messaging service that began through innovation of Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown in September of 2011. It is used worldwide on multiple platforms, and it became very popular within the past few months in particular among people below their 30’s.
What distinguishes Snapchat from other instant messaging services is that it involves users to take “Snaps” through their camera to communicate with each other. However, the “Snaps” are not saved in the phone memory and are removed almost instantly, But some techniques will enable users to save “Snaps”.
So without further delay, I present to you eight things you need to know about Snapchat:
1. Reasons Behind The “Pending” Issue on Snapchat and Their Solutions:
Have you ever gotten your Snaps pended? Do you want to know what does pending mean on Snapchat. Well, then this section might be just for you. Below are the reasons why your Snaps are pending and their solutions.
Low Internet Bandwidth is one of the most common causes. Check to see if you’re updating an App in the background. You can also reboot your router to refresh your IP, which ends up solving your “Pending” Snaps problem.
Apart from low bandwidth, to successfully send Snaps to a person, one must have that person in his/her friend’s list. Check to see if that person is on your friend’s list. If not then you can send him/her a friend request after your request has been accepted Your pending Snaps will be on be on their way.
2. How to Delete your Snapchat Story:
There are multiple ways to delete your Snapchat story. The method I’m about to show you is probably the easiest of them all.
To delete your Snapchat feed:
- Tap on Snapchat located on your screen.
- Find three horizontal line located at the bottom right of your screen and tap on it.
- Now tap on your name then proceeds to tap on your name again on your name again once your contact list loads up.
- A drop down menu should pop up that will give you some information regarding your Snapchat score. Below this, there will be Snaps of your story.
- Click the gear box right next to your picture then click “delete”.
3. How to Change your Snapchat Username:
Sometimes we get bored with our username and on commonly used social media portals and Snapchat is no exception. Unfortunately, However, changing your Snapchat account username is impossible due to security reason. If you want to change your Snapchat account, then you need to delete your current account and then sign up for another one.
4. How to Block Someone on Snapchat:
We all get pestered from time to time from people around us. Snapchat is one of those portals.
To block someone on Snapchat:
- Tap on your friends list.
- Scroll down, until you reach the user name of the person you want to block.
- Tap on that person’s username.
- Tap on the gear icon.
- Then proceed to tap on “Block”.
5. How to Unblock Someone on Snapchat?
Often people find the block button useful when they are momentarily angry with someone, but have trouble unblocking when their temper dies down.
To unblock someone:
- Tap on the “Ghost” button on your Snapchat camera screen located at the center top.
- Tap on the “Gear box” located at the top right corner of your screen, which will send you to Snapchat settings.
- In “Snapchat” settings scroll down and tap on the “Blocked” button. (If you fail to see this option, then you’re using an outdated version of the App. In that case, you need to update your app to continue.)
- After tapping “Blocked,” you will see the list of people that you have blocked on Snapchat.
- Tap “X” located right next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
6. How to Use Snapchat on a Windows Phone:
I know a couple of people who would like nothing more than to have Snapchat on their windows phone, but it is not available for Windows phone.
However, there is a 3rd-party Application called “Specter” that is available for Windows Phones. Specter has an Integrated API for Snapchat. This will help you in receiving and send images via Specter to users who are utilizing Snapchat. If you don’t mind spending an extra buck or two, then Specter is the choice for you.
7. How to Deactivate Snapchat:
Sometimes when you get more than enough internet for the day, you often want to restrict yourself from it entirely. So, here is my guide to Deactivating Snapchat account.
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Sign in.
- Tap on the settings icon on the top right corner.
- Navigate to Support.
- Tap on “learn the basics”.
- Tap on “Delete an account”.
8. How to hide Best Friends on Snapchat:
Currently, there is no official method to hide your best friends on Snapchat. However, there is a trick which can remove your best friends into Friends.
- Go to Snapchat.
- Find your Best friend that you want to hide.
- Block them.
- Finally, unblock them. This will transfer that person to your friends’ list and will be removed from your Best friends group.
- Snapchat Best friends can’t be hidden because it is a server-sided feature, so we need to trick the server into transferring your Best friend into a blocked individual and then unblock them to trick the server again to move them into your default category.
I hope you liked this article, do leave a comment down below to let me know if you have any problems with your Snapchat, I will be more than happy to help.