Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps in the market that provides up to 10 million people with a potential partner daily. Tinder recommends these partners based on your location. Now, this can be quite troublesome if you live in a dull or small neighbourhood with very few people who are your age. Thus, you might want to change your location on Tinder to increase your chances of matching with people or simply find a match outside your local community.
This is where we step in. We reviewed the different ways to change your location on Tinder to find out which ones actually work and have mentioned them below in full detail.
Method #1- Location Spoofing Apps
Simply install one of the fake GPS Go apps from play store if you are an android user to change your location.
These apps will allow you to modify your location to wherever you want. Tinder will detect this location and show you matches based on this new location.
Follow the steps below to change your location for free on android phones:
- Firstly, you will be required to change your phone settings.
- For this purpose, go to settings.
- Click on the ‘Account’ Section.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Build Number’ seven times until the following message pops up: ‘Developer Mode has been enabled.’ This will allow you to alter your GPS settings.
- Now, give permission to enable mock location.
- Open Settings again.
- Click on Location.
- Click on Mode.
- Change location mode to ‘Device Only.’
- Now simply install the Fake GPS Go Apps and set your location to wherever you want!
Method #2 – Changing Facebook Location
- Tinder links up with your Facebook Account and retains all the information from there. Thus, you can simply change your Facebook Location to change your Tinder location free of cost.
- Open Facebook.
- Go to the ‘About’ Section.
- Click on ‘Add a City’ option.
- Select your desired location.
- Restart your phone.
- Now Tinder will show you matches based on your new Facebook location.
An added perk you can also use Tinder without facebook.
Method #3- Tinder Passport
Now if you’re willing to invest a little money (approx. $9.99 per month), this is the best option. Tinder Passport will allow you to modify your location to wherever you want.
Here’s how to change your location on Tinder using Tinder Passport:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on location.
- Click on ‘Add a new location’ option.
- Type in the city of your choice.
- Click on the blue banner.
- This will change your Tinder location to wherever you want.
After doing this, only Tinder users in your selected area will be able to see your profile. This means that the people in your current real location will be unable to view your profile.
Tinder Passport can save up to 5 locations at once so you can toggle between them to get matches from all around the world.
One thing to keep in mind is that Tinder Passport will show other people your actual distance, i.e. how far away you are. This might reduce your matches a little bit because most people prefer to not be in long-distance relationships. However, you can opt for ‘Tinder Plus’ which costs $19.99 per month and hide your location completely!
An added perk is that when you change your location using Tinder Passport, you will get a new user boost. This means that Tinder will show your profile to more users and you will get more matches.
Method #4- iTools
Using iTools you can change your location for free three times. After this, you will need to pay approx $30.95 to avail the service. The price varies on your desired licence and the number of devices you want to download it on.
Method #5- Use a Vpn to change location
You can easily change your location on Tinder by installing one of the many VPN apps available in playstore/apple store.