In the online world, the importance of Search Engine Optimization is something most of us already know about. Without the application of SEO techniques, it can get quite difficult for a business to get the right amount of exposure, and perform well in the online market. This is the reason why there is no shortage of companies that provide Search Engine Optimization based services.
However, it is also a fact that the rules of set by the search engines change quite frequently, and not all service providers update their tricks and strategies as per the change in the rules. So, one question that always remains in our mind is what are the most vital factors related to search engine ranking nowadays? Let us find out more.
With the advancement in the field of technology, the search engines are able to improve their ranking algorithms, so that better results can be delivered to the online searcher as per his or her requirements. Now, the factors affecting the process of ranking are also getting upgraded, and now we have factors like HTTPS or mobile-friendliness.
Factors Affecting Ranking Process
- HTTPS or website security- As per the recent figures, more than half of the domains that get placed in the top three positions are totally secure. The keywords taken in the consideration were the high volume ones. Even though it is not a huge factor for ranking, but moving towards HTTPS can definitely prove to be beneficial. Plus, it will also instill a sense of trust among your targeted audience.
- Content size- Websites that contain good amount of content usually get higher ranking. In fact, web pages that are features in the top three positions of search result contain 45 percent longer content when compared to the ones that are featured in the 20th Nevertheless, you also have to make sure the quality of the content is high enough. The content should provide relevant and useful information to the online audience. Valuable contents deliver better results.
- Keywords- It is important to understand the working of the Google’s algorithm in the content of keywords. As per the recent figures, 35 percent of websites focusing on the high-volume keywords. They do not use keywords in the titles which mean that the algorithms used by Google are turning out to be better at comprehending synonyms or context. The keywords used in the webpage title are turning out to be less important from the perspective of ranking. Likewise, not many links incorporate a keyword in their anchor text. In short, keywords are no more considered as a major factor for ranking.
- Website traffic- Studies have shown that the ranking of a website does get affected by its web traffic. For high-volume keywords, the number of page visits does matter a lot. To be more precise, direct traffic has more impact on the search ranking when compared to that of search traffic.
- User signals- There are numerous user signals you need to be aware of. Bounce rate is one such signal, and the websites that have higher ranking have lower bounce rate. There are some factors that affect the bounce rate of any website, such as site loading speed, user trust, etc. Pages visit per session is another user signal that matters. Higher number of page visits leads to better ranking.
- Links- Without any doubt, link building is still considered as an important factor; however, you have to make sure it is of high quality. So, if you want to enhance the ranking of your website, do not forget to focus on link building.
So, those were the major factors that determine the ranking of any website. Among them, direct traffic and user signals are the two most important ones. This is the reason why most of the top ranking websites pay attention to the on-page optimization as well.
Choosing the Right Strategy
Owing to the rising number of websites in each and every niche, the competition is getting higher and the search engine algorithms are paying more attention to the minute details, rather than giving important to the general ranking factors. This could be the reason why the best SEO companies no more pay attention to the general aspects of optimization.
When it comes to optimizing a website, it is vital to consider the industry-specific trends. In this way, it would become easier for the search engine optimization service providers to deal with a website as per its Industry needs. Apart from industry specific trends, you also need to focus on niche-specific trends. Different factors work differently on the basis of niche, and the experts need to know about the same.
So, that is all about the factors that are considered important for search engine optimization. Next time when you think about optimizing your website, do keep these factors in mind for better results.