There can be chances that you do like your MetroPCS handsets but are wanting to switch the service provider. But changing a service provider with MetroPCS required the unlock phone. To use your MetroPCS phones with other service providers you need to unlock your MetroPCS phones and after unlocking you can also decide to upgrade MetroPCS phones with three simple steps. Hence, there are multiple ways to unlock your phone and make it eligible for different uses.
Here are some of the effective ways to unlock MetroPCS Phones
Unlocking through Customer Service:
1. Look for the SIM card:
The entire MetroPCS network has moved to GSM & LTE, and both of these technologies entirely rely on SIM cards. One can easily unlock the phone using these methods.
2. Checking the age of MetroPCS account:
Customer support is only liable to unlock a phone which has been into the active network of MetroPCS for a minimum period of 90 days continuously. In case your phone does not come under this category, then you will need to look for alternative ways.
3. Contact MetroPCS via telephone or in-person appeal to unlock the code:
One can always try and reach out to the customer support staff. The contact number is: 1-888-863-8768 or make use of the MetroPCS store locator tool. Through this, you can get in touch with any of the corporate stores in your area and ask for the unlock code for the model of your phone.
4. Provide the customer service of MetroPCS with relevant information:
There is a certain amount of data which needs to be provided to the support staff to let them unlock the phone, such as:
- Email Address
- Account Billing PIN
- Name of the MetroPCS wireless account
- Phone number of the model you want to unlock.
Using the Device Unlock App:
It was back a few years ago, that MetroPCS had entirely changed the way an Android phone could get unlocked all by the network. Just by installing the Device Unlock App on their phone, the customers of MetroPCS can easily request to apply for a mobile device to unlock it directly from their devices.
And after unlocking you just need to activate MetroPCS phones, and that also can be done in few easy steps. This is the only easy to unlock an LG, Huawei, Motorola, Samsung, Kyocera, HTC, Sony or an Alcatel phone from the network of MetroPCS with the help of a device unlock app.
If the case is such that MetroPCS has already installed the ‘Device Unlock App’ on your smartphone, which can easily be located at the application icon, then all you need to do is to follow the basic steps as mentioned below to unlock your phone.
Basic Steps to Unlock MetroPCS Phones
1. Now it is time for you to request to unlock below by just clicking on the make of the phone which is locked to MetroPCS and then select a device to unlock app service. Make sure not to choose any of the other unlocking services. The entire process is fully automated, and then we won’t be able to issue any refund if any incorrect information is submitted. Hence, make sure to be very careful.
2. One the request for unlocking has been processed, an e-mail will be sent on your registered email id to make you aware of the phone’s IMEI number which will be send to your registered number unlocked on the MetroPCS server.
3. Next it to insert a SIM card from the network which is not from MetroPCS.
4. Next is to launch the device unlock app and then select the option “Permanent Unlock“.
5. There will be a message which will say: “Unlock Approved: Mobile device is permanently unlocked“
Special Note:- In some situations unlocking a MetroPCS phone can be a pain in your a$$. There are many possibilities that you can lose some of your important data or your device can be bricked. So, it is always advised to make and store a proper backup of your photos and other useful documents before doing anything and also know the basic and important facts every MetroPCS user needs to know.