Discord is an exceedingly popular text and voice chat application that is specifically for gamers. This app, with its sleek and stylish designs along with the ease it offers, has taken over the world like wildfire. It is mainly known for its effect voice chat feature that allows smooth, latency-free chats to its users.
Discord comes with a reasonably easy client app along with a browser app. Both these apps are giving their user’s specific control over various settings and work equally. However, if you are an admin, the power you have over what other users can’t do such as how different users interact etc. it also allows you to decide if you want to use bots in your server or not along with various other great things.
Although Discord is a very excellent application and offers such diversity, it’s interference is still somewhat hard to get by. Therefore we have compiled this guide that tells you everything you need to know about how to:
- Add servers in Discord
- Delete servers in Discord
- Manage servers in Discord
Interested? Well let’s get started:
How to Add a Server in Discord?
To get a server in Discord, you first need an account. It’s free, and all you need is an active email address. If you don’t have that part covered with a designated username, then use the following steps to get started with a server:
- Go to Discord website and select the Login option present.
- From there go to the Register text link that is there on the next page
- Enter your email address. Set up a username and a password.
- Select continue and log in to the account.
- You will receive an email verification through which you will have to verify your account
After getting done with the account set up, you can proceed with downloading a Discord Client app or the web app. You can use both as these apps are compatible with many platforms such as Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.
To set up the server using the following steps:
- Go to the main page of Discord and select the Download option for Windows. You can also just open Discord on your browser.
- Open the app and log in to your Discord account
- A “+” is present on the left menu. Click on it to create a server
- Select a unique and versatile name for your server.
- Proceed to the next window and choose nay random location you desire as this is not really important. However, it is better to select a location that is close to you
- If you want you can add a server icon too
- Click on create, and your server will appear back in Discord client
These are all the necessary steps that make up a server. Other menial tasks are taken care of by wizards hat manage things by taking minor information from you
How to Delete a Server in Discord
In case your interest in Discord vanishes and you plan to delete discord account. You can quickly remove your server in Discord. To do so:
- Go to your Discord app and log in to your account
- Click on your server name and go to settings
- In the server window, there is a Delete Server option at the bottom left corner.
- Once you click on it, there will be a prompt. Confirm it to e successfully delete your server.
These steps will delete the serer in Discord from your server list. This way works for both in Android and iPhone. Your users will also not be able to access it. However, it is not necessary to remove a server. But deleting it allows you to, manage things smoothly or create other serves.
How to Manage Discord Server
Most of the matter here is already taken care of, with little interaction from your part. However, there is this responsibility of creating roles for your users that you have to manage. By creating roles is very much like clan levels where tasks are distributed to users, guests, officers, admins and anyone present
To do so:
- Click on your server in Discord and proceed to Server Setting
- From the list present in the second window click on “roles”, here you will find the option of “@everyone” in the roles section
- Click on the “+” icon present at the very top of roles section
- Give a name to your role and allocate permission through the toggles present
- Select the save option once you are done with everything
- Go through the same steps for every role you want to create
After getting done with roles have to assign those roles to the members. For this:
- Assign every user with the role you want to assign from the “members” tab present.
- Once you have selected the member, click on the “+” sign next to the name of every user and assign them appropriate roles.
However, if you don’t have any users, you can get some through this way:
- Open the Discord app and instead of clicking, hover over the person icon present on the right side of the voice call or chat option you have selected.
- A link will appear in a pop-up window. Copy it and set it to “never expire” to save you from hassles.
- Send the link to the people you want on the Discord server.
- If t people you have given the link to font have an account, the will be asked to create one.
- Once you have users, assign the roles through the process mentioned above.
All in all, the managing server in Discord is relatively easy, and it requires little effort from your side.
Discord interference is just assumed to be tough while this app is relatively easy to get a grasp of. Apart from being versatile and robust; its easy management is one of the good things about this app. This is undoubtedly one of the many reasons why it is getting increasingly popular as days progress.
On our web people are are also reading about How to Change your Game Status in Discord and